This position involves the collection, interpretation and compilation of environmental data from sites under different stages or phases of environmental work processes. Under the supervision of a Project Manager or site Foreman, this person will be responsible for completing well-defined field and office tasks including but not limited to groundwater sampling, collection of soil samples, reviewing and interpreting analytical data, authoring technical reports, and progressing sites towards regulatory closure or project goals. Knowledge of regulatory programs is ideal with the demonstrated ability to assess the need and acquire regulatory permits as needed. The candidate should have the desire to learn new regulatory programs, take on new tasks and be open to various skill development opportunities.
- Conduct Environmental Site Assessments
- Conduct/Direct field investigations activities
- Collect soil, groundwater, and indoor air samples
- Review laboratory and engineering data where required
- Write regulatory and summary reports for senior review where required
- Represent EAR to the client in a professional manner
- Prepare and implement Health and Safety Plans for the site where required
- Make employee safety a priority both in-house and on-site, in accordance with corporate policy
The position requires strong attention to detail in order to ensure compliance with relevant state/federal regulations and client specific requirements. The candidate must demonstrate good writing and communication skills, as well as, good computer skills. The ideal candidate must have previous experience working on environmental projects and a strong technical background in regulatory affairs, environmental science or natural sciences. The candidate must be able to work in a fast paced environment and multi task.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Geology, Engineering, Environmental Science, or related environmental field
- Experience: Minimum of two years hands on experience in technical activities with a preference for 3-5 years of experience in related environmental work activities
- Knowledge & Skills: Must be able to perform complex tasks and handle multiple priorities, and have the ability to perform exceptionally under high stress conditions
- Knowledge of computer operations and standard software packages, Microsoft Office Suite (word processing, spreadsheets, databases, Adobe) required.
- Proficient or working knowledge of CAD is a plus
- Special: Position normally will require Health & Safety certification pursuant to OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120, but will train if not OSHA certified.
- Frequent travel and/or field work (valid driver’s license required)
The position is for full-time employment with benefits. A full-time position offers life, medical and dental insurance after 3 months, an IRA plan after 1 year with employer contributions and paid holiday, sick and vacation days.
Environmental Assessment & Remediations is an equal opportunity employer. Office is located in Patchogue, NY
To apply, please send a resume (pdf format) to David Vigliotta Vig@enviro-asmnt.com or call 631-447-6400 ext. 120.